The equipment you can find in Makespace.
Using our Equipment
There is a large and growing variety of equipment and tools; some are safe to use, some can be dangerous or are expensive and need training before use. We have divided all the tools below into Tool Classes. Make sure you understand which class a tool is in before you attempt to use it, and read the associated wiki page.
Consumables for some equipment can be used and paid for using the Online payment system.
The right tool for the job has some notes on what tools to use for various tasks.
Smaller equipment is listed on the Things and stuff page.
Equipment status for the larger items is available here.
- Band Saw
- Belt and Disc Sander
- Circular Saw - Makita
- CNC Model Mill
- CNC Router
- Drill Presses
- Hand-held Plunge Router
- Lathe - Warco
- Mill - Warco (Currently no training available)
- Mitre Saw - Rage 3
- Power Tools (small)
- Scroll Saw
- Tool Box
- Woodworking Lathe
- 3D Printers (FDM)
- 3D Printer (SLA)
- Electronics Workbenches
- Fine Metalwork Bench and Flexible Shaft Drill
- Glassworking kiln, torch and associated tools
- Two Laser Cutters
- PrimeTest 100 PAT Tester
- Vacuum Former
- Paper printers
- Bicycle Maintenance
- Vinyl Cutter
- large table for cutting or working at
- Sewing Machine
- TShirt heat press
- PC with basic image-editing software (Inkscape, GIMP), scanner and link to Vinyl cutter
- Knitting Machine
- EZcube Light Tent
- Leather Kit
Proposals and Notes
- Full equipment database http://makespace-equipment-db.herokuapp.com/.
- Makespace Infrastructure
- Tool Classes - for safety and training requirements.
- New Kit - process for adding to our equipment inventory.
- This series of 10 metal working videos of up to an hour each from MIT are well worth watching. Episode 1 covers measuring and marking work, 2 covers band sawing and 3 covers drilling. Episodes 4 to 7 cover milling and 8 is about lathe work. Introduction to Machine Shop Tools and Skills