Equipment / Vinyl Cutter
The CraftRobo vinyl cutter is being replaced by the new Silver Bullet. For information on the old cutter, please look here: CraftRobo
The new Silver Bullet cutter is being commissioned by the Owners. For now, DO NOT USE!
The takslist for commissioning the equipment is here: Equipment/Silver Bullet Commissioning
Using the Vinyl Cutter
The Owners are those nominally in charge of the equipment, organising its maintenance, helping others to use it, and generally being a point of contact.
The current Owners of the Vinyl Cutter are:
- Paul Osborn
- Mathew Taylor
- Mark Cheverton
If you have any questions, problems or concerns around the vinyl cutter, or would like a personal introduction to how it all works, these are the people to contact.
The fact sheet for the Vinyl Cutter can be found here: Fact Sheet
Health and Safety
The vinyl cutter is a potentially dangerous piece of equipment which must be operated with due care. The top things to always remember when using the vinyl cutter are:
- ONLY USE THE VINYL CUTTER IF YOU HAVE READ THE SAFETY NOTES BELOW
- NEVER LEAVE THE VINYL CUTTER RUNNING UNATTENDED
- ONLY CUT APPROPRIATE MATERIAL
The risk assessment is located here: [Formal Risk Assessment: Vinyl Cutter]
- SHARP BLADE - when handling the blade (eg. to adjust or change caps for different thickness) take care not to cut yourself
- TRAPPING - The head and roller of the machine are moved by programs in the machine's memory. Be careful when near the machine, it will possibly move even if the PC is off. Always keep the cover closed when cutting