Makespace Homepage / Wiki
New Wiki users
Please request for your account to be activated on the mailing list. Thanks!
What is in Makespace?
- Our Equipment
- Equipment Status (experimental page; may not be accurate)
- Things and stuff --- locator for smaller items
How does Makespace work?
The space is great for individuals wanting to experiment, startups or companies wanting access to prototyping equipment, companies in the business who can come and do training and provide services beyond Makespace, and groups that want space to meet. Anyone who could benefit from a shared space focused on making things.
At its core is a membership-based structure; the price of membership is £40/month inc VAT for full membership for 24/7 RFID access, or £33/month inc VAT for full student membership (no access outside of Cambridge university terms).
It is a community run space; see:
- Makespace Main Website
- Membership and inductions
- Useful makespace info for Members
- Policies - ie how stuff works
- Latest member news - a great place to start if you want to find out what's been happening lately or what's coming up
- Non-exhaustive list of people currently or previously involved.
Members are encouraged, and non-members are welcome, to join our mailing list. You can read and post via the web interface or get messages delivered to your inbox.
If you'd like to find out about upcoming real-world meetings, please join our Meetup group.
Members: please contribute to this wiki! If you spot something incomplete or out of date, just hit 'edit' and change it.
We also have an IRC channel (not much used of late): join #makespace on Freenode in your IRC client or via your browser at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=makespace
Various communication channels are listed here.
Consider becoming an Owner or Trainer.
- Some information about other groups around the world that may be of interest can be found on the Links page.
- Some projects may need external Service Suppliers for things we can't do in-house.
There are regular meetings open to non-members on a variety of subjects. Or if not actually regular, at least repeated.
- Family Makers
- Raspberry Pi-makers and home automation
- Arduino and Cake --- now merged with Raspberry Pi and home automation group
- Robo-makers (is this still going?)
- Things that fly --- quadcopters etc (is this still going? might be summer only)
There are write-ups of planning and member meetings at Meetings.
External meetings, conferences etc
We list some external events that may be of interest to Makespace members.
Sponsorship and Donations!
we're grateful to the founding sponsors who helped set Makespace up. Most current running costs are met from membership payments but we gratefully receive any donations, however small, that can help with developing, running and improving Makespace for everyone. Contact management (at) makespace (dot) org. Thanks!