This meeting: Sunday 16th Mar 2013 @ 10:00am
Next meeting: ?
For the benefit of the new attendees we reviewed output from previous meetings.
We then brainstormed on ideas on what we wanted from family makers, these included:
- Educational content
- Easy projects to start with, building to larger ones
- Inclusion in competitive events e.g. Chain reaction
- Overall ethos of sharing and reward of cool and creative ideas
- Formal show and tell or discussion component in each session
Finally we came up with a list of the items that we need prior to the first session and decided on a date for the first session.
Items needed to start
- Overall risk assessment for the group in the space
- Review and enhance risk assessments for specific equipment if required
- Check the Maker Club Playbook for a list of specific safety concerns
- Prepare for projects - equipment, safety equipment, etc.
- Paper aeroplanes
- Drop an egg from a metre without breaking it
- Transport an egg 3 metres without breaking it
- Face masks
- Name badges
- Use of laser cutter
- Use of 3D printer
- Basic soldering
Start Date 14th April 2013
Tasks to do before start date
- Pull together binders for kids
- Get a notebook to keep the register in
- Need 3 coordinators per day
- Set up a blog to capture (and tell stories) about our activities
- Designate someone to take pictures on each day
- Designate someone to bring snacks/drink each day