Difference between revisions of "Suppliers"
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
Revision as of 11:22, 22 November 2014
Places to buy things
- RS Components
- Rapid Electronics
- Cool Components
- Reseller of Sparkfun & Adafruit.
- Gimson Robotics
NOTE: These shops will charge a lot for postage, Customs and VAT.
- Belting Online
- Bearing Boys
- Simply Bearings
- Bearing Station
- Budget Bearings
- "Highly recommended" - Mat C
- If you want to ask them anything, speak to Kris at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call for best results
- Difficult to buy from
- World of CNC
- Good selection, happy to do small quantities. Delivery is fast. --tmo 12:48, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- Westfield Fasteners
- Excellent for bolts, machine screws, nuts etc. Really good turnaround, prices based on amount you buy but with an excellent interface to make this clear. Limited range of things, but if you're looking for things to attach one thing to another thing they're great. --tmo 12:48, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- Mackay, our local Cambridge hardware shop stock and cut metals --Ennui2342 09:56, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- Do ceramic hotends and low weight, high torque motors
- Ridgeons (Builders' Merchants) have two branches in Cambridge, at least the northern one (Nuffield Road) sells timber, I've not tried the other one
- Engineering & Design Plastics
- Used these guys to buy heavy acrylic extrusions, they also do bending and custom manufacture.--tmo 12:59, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- EMA Models
- Range of architectural modelling stuff, in particular some unusual extrusion and cast acrylics.--tmo 12:59, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- Technology Supplies Ltd.
- I bought the food-grade plastic I used for chocolate moulds from these folk. Very helpful and friendly bunch.--Kim SJ 20:38, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- Easy Composites
- Excellent range of carbon fibre cloth, rods, sheets, tubes etc. Expensive (but no more than anywhere else) but happy to supply small quantities and excellent shipping speed. Use when you really need to save weight in your projects! --tmo 12:55, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- Warm Glass
- I have an account with these guys and, due to buying the kiln on it, we get a 5% discount. I'm happy to put orders in as long as we combine them to over 75 pounds for shipping. If you do this you don't get the discount, but the money we save goes to common stock needed for the glassworking station such as bead release. --tmo 12:52, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- Off Mandrel
- Used for the few things Warm Glass doesn't sell.--tmo 12:52, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
Art and Crafts
- Tiranti - suppliers of sculpture, mouldmaking and casting supplies - physical store at Warren Street --Ennui2342 09:46, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- Origami Shop - Origami papers --Ennui2342 09:54, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- It's a bit obscure, but should you be after a beam splitter (half mirrored mirror type) Scientific Mirrors were very helpful
- Buys Spares
- David Neats curated list of UK suppliers for model making --Ennui2342 09:46, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
CNC Model Mill
See Service_Suppliers This page is for companies providing services for things that we can't do in-house.
- Acrow Galvanizing are the nearest hot-dip galvanizers AFAIK. (I don't think we're planning to get a `kettle' of hot zinc in Makespace itself.)
- Local TIG welder with 7+ years of experience, fully recommended. --Pinski1 14:53, 2 April 2014 (BST)
- Chinese manufacturing portal, not used yet.