What to do if stuff goes wrong
Here's some notes on what to do if things go wrong in Makespace!
If the fire alarm goes off:
- The university security office will automatically be called, and if we don't cancel the alarm pronto they will call the fire brigade. If this happens and it's a false alarm, you will need to call the security office immediately. (We've not done this so not entirely sure of protocol!)
If the broadband stops working:
- Get a trusted member to reset the router in the back office/store room, or if this doesn't work, email management@ makespace.org and ask them to login to the router, check it, and if necessary call BT.
If you see something unsafe or inappropriate which concerns you in any way:
- If you feel able to tell whoever is involved to stop it, do so! This is strongly recommended
- email management@ makespace.org and let them know
If there is any kind of accident:
- deal with it appropriately straight away!
- then email management@ makespace.org and let them know
If something is broken:
- email the google group if it's not critical infrastructure
- email management@ makespace.org if it is critical and needs urgent fixing! (eg access control breaks, heating explodes, water pours through ceiling, laser cutter goes bang)
If you lose your access token:
- email management@ makespace.org immediately or speak to Laura/Simon/Jonny if they are around