We want to create a BarBot.
- 6 Optivends for alcoholic drinks
- 6 dispensers for soft drinks
- 6 dispensers for misc items (olives cherries, umbrellas, etc...)
- High through put with multiple drinks simultaneously
- Gin & Tonic
- White Russian
- triple sec
- salt rim
- Mint Leaves
- white rum
- soda water
- Block diagram
- Decide on a budget
- Make a makespace community project
- Force sensitive resistors for glass detection & liquid quantity
- Carriages with scissor lifts to activate Optivends (and thus everything else)
- Circular track/path to automatically reuse a carriage.
- Ways of bypassing unused dispensers to allow for drinks leapfrogging.
- Raspberry Pi for main controller, Arduino-likes for carriages
- 3D print our own peristaltic pumps?
- HackADay links to check out here
- A barbot is essentially a vending machine, mine vending machines for mechanisms & ideas.
- Drill chuck like cup grabber
Roberts Working Idea
- Standardised glasses, like these or these.
- Glasses are loaded in corner as a stack of 20 in a column
- Glasses travel on a large carousel
- Mini-carousels for spirits, lever mechanism to operate Optics
- Peristaltic pumps for soft drinks
- Hoppers and screws for garnishes
- Fits in a transparent ~1 meter cube, interesting things to see from all 4 sides.
- Use a RPi for management, connected to a touch screen for order taking and an RFID reader (TikiTag?) for customer tracking
- Use LIN or CAN bus nodes for modular management; a node for cup carousel, a node for a spirit carousel etc...
- Freescale KL05 FRDM boards for each node, a specialised shield to tailor the node for it's role.
- LIN Spec here.
- Lots of sensors for fully closed loop control
- See here for block diagram
Mat's Working Idea
Start with the rails and carriage, let it grow from there
- Rail specification:
- Carriages are independently powered so we can have 2+ and they can move independently
- Rail should be cheap and quick to make
- Monorails are cool
- Rail system should support switches(points)/overtaking/corners/loops and be small, light and cheap