Training and induction will start with a tour of the tool introducing all its parts. The following points will be covered.
- Keep hands well away from the spinning parts.
- Make sure there is no loose clothing or hair that can be caught in rotating parts.
- Take care to mount the work securely.
- Swarf has sharp edges so clean it away with a brush.
- Some parts of the machine are very heavy. It is also possible to work on very heavy parts. Losing control of heavy objects can cause serious injury. Plan work carefully. Using lifting aids if necessary. Ask for assistance if not totally confident of your ability to control the part at all times.
- Roger Smith
- Mat Cook
Training is an initial guide to the mill and safety briefing, followed by a number of individual lessons interspersed with practicing what has been learned.
|User||Trained level||Mill access|
|Diana Probst||Intro||Use while supervised|
|Stevan Wing||Intro||Use while supervised|
|Jonathan Waite||Intro||Use while supervised|
| Matthew Taylor || Initial Guide only || Continued teaching