This page documents the process for being trained to use the jigsaw, and the list of members who have completed that training.
Training takes place in three main steps:
- Group Training of 1-4 members, going through the equipment and how to use it (~30 minutes)
- Individual Training Task, where an individual member is set a task to complete to prove and improve understanding (~10min each)
- Project Oversight, where more experienced users oversee the projects being undertaken when cutting (first 2-3 projects)
Training on the jigsaw is run by the jigsaw Owners. The jigsaw Owners are a group of people responsible for maintaining and training of the jigsaw, and hence have been trained to train, and trained to perform the maintenance of the jigsaw.
Please contact an owner to arrange a training session.
- You must do the group and individual training on the same day
The following members of Makespace are owners of the jigsaw, so are trained to use and teach use of the Laser Cutter:
The following members of Makespace are trained and qualified to use the jigsaw (note, they are not qualified to train others however):
The training structure and prompt sheet. Please note, this is used by the Jigsaw Owners as a prompt to ensure training is executed in a consistent and complete fashion is included on this page; this does not constitute and is not a substitute for the training itself.
The group training introduction structure, suitable for 1-4 members at a time in a 30 minute session.
STUFF TO BE ADDED HERE
Individual Training Task
The individual task to get familiar, prompt questions and check understanding:
- Attach battery.
- Load blade.
- Make a straight and curved external cut.
- Make an internal cut.
- Remove blade.
- Battery Charging.
Assuming all ok:
- Get them to read the health and safety notes about operation and materials
- Add to the trained member list!
For next 2-3 projects, ensure member will find another more experienced trained user to support them (second pair of eyes)