The equipment you can find in Makespace.
Using our Equipment
There is a large and growing variety of equipment and tools; some are safe to use, some can be dangerous or are expensive and need training before use. We have divided all the tools below into Tool Classes. Make sure you understand which class a tool is in before you attempt to use it, and read the associated wiki page.
Consumables for some equipment can be used and paid for using the Honesty boxes.
The right tool for the job has some notes on what tools to use for various tasks.
Smaller equipment is listed on the Things and stuff page.
Equipment status for the larger items is available here.
- Band Saw
- Belt and Disc Sander
- Circular Saw - Makita
- CNC Router
- Drill Presses
- Lathe - Myford
- Lathe - Sherline (This is not commissioned and at the moment is unavailable for use)
- Metalwork Benches
- Mill - Sherline (This is not commissioned and at the moment is unavailable for use)
- Mill - Warco
- Mitre Saw - Rage 3
- Power Tools (small)
- Woodwork Benches
- Woodworking Lathe (This is not commissioned and at the moment is unavailable for use)
- Router and router table (This is not commissioned and at the moment is unavailable for use)
- 3D Printers (FDM)
- 3D Printer (SLA)
- CNC Model Mill
- Electronics Workbenches
- Fine Metalwork Bench and Flexible Shaft Drill
- Glassworking kiln, torch and associated tools
- Two Laser Cutters
- PCB Mill
- PrimeTest 100 PAT Tester
- Vacuum Former
- General Tools
- HP 750C A0 Plotter
- Paper printers
- Paper Scanner
- Bicycle Maintenance
- Vinyl Cutter
- large table for cutting or working at
- Sewing Machine
- TShirt heat press
- PC with CAD software, scanner and link to Vinyl cutter
- Knitting Machine
- EZcube Light Tent
Proposals and Notes
- List of owners and their duties
- Full equipment database http://makespace-equipment-db.herokuapp.com/.
- Makespace Infrastructure
- Tool Classes - for safety and training requirements.
- New Kit - process for adding to our equipment inventory.
- This series of 10 metal working videos of up to an hour each from MIT are well worth watching. Episode 1 covers measuring and marking work, 2 covers band sawing and 3 covers drilling. Episodes 4 to 7 cover milling and 8 is about lathe work. Introduction to Machine Shop Tools and Skills